Mental Health Coaches are now available at WACA GP Practices.
This is the first level of support for mental health provision throughout WACA Primary Care Network of GP Practice Surgeries.
Our team of Mental Health Coaches will be based within GP Practices to provide on the day appointments, supporting the mental health needs of patients, working in conjunction with the Social Prescribing teams and also reporting and connecting to other NHS Mental Health Support to provide clinical step up, ensuring patients access the right help at the right time.
What does a Mental Health Coach support with?
- Worry / Panic
- Feeling Lonely
- Bereavement Support / Loss and Grief
- Low Self Esteem
- Depression / Low Mood
- Sleep Hygiene
- Employment Stress
- Relationship Challenges
- Substance Misuse affecting behaviour
- Emotional Effects of COVID-19
The service delivery offer… What to expect?
- Same day 30-minute telephone appointments.
- Choice of follow up appointments available in the surgery or over the telephone
- Holistic style, client-led sessions
- Support with self- care and self-management
- On the day mental health coaching support to assess the urgency of support required
- Access to self-management education, peer support and social prescribing.
- Patients must be aged 16+
- Experiencing mental health issues and requiring on the day mental health support
- The patient must be registered with a GP surgery in the WACA Primary Care Network to access the service.
Please note if this is URGENT , please contact your GP via telephone or call the first response crisis team on: 0800 952 1181
Meet The Team - Christine Bradley