Eat, Move, be Happy
Exercise Classes and Health Coaching Courses.
Need help to improve your lifestyle?
Patients registered at WACA GP Practices can now access new Exercise Classes and Health Coaching Courses!
To find out more, please visit eatmovebehappy.com.
Healthy Choices Programme
The new programme aims to reduce the prevalence of heart disease, and more specifically, reduce hypertension rates across the district.
The Healthy Choices programme runs over 8 weeks, starting with a virtual welcome session to introduce Patients to the coaches and explain the approach, including what is involved. The remaining sessions are one-and-a-half-hour face to face sessions, with each week exploring a new healthy habit and including an exercise session.
The programme will coach Patients to set up for success through a mixture of peer group health education and exercise. The goal of this programme is to:
- Improve understanding of the long-term health risks of poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle
- Help minimise these risks using a simple framework
- Help make long term, sustainable changes.
Topics will include:
- choosing quality carbohydrates & fats
- learning how to plan ahead (meals/shopping/exercise)
- learning what is a balanced meal for reducing blood pressure
- Portion control - ways to measure and adjust
- Falling off the wagon - be prepared for it and how to get back in the saddle
- The environment - how to change it to make good choices easier
- Social circle - how to use it to make things easier for you
You can qualify for a free place if you have a:
- BMI over 30
- High blood pressure & high cholesterol
- Aged between 18-64
To find out more information, or to self-refer, please visit: www.eatmovebehappy.com